My name is James and I’m a location independent entrepreneur. I’ve been an entrepreneur before I could even spell the word, and I’ve been running my own location independent businesses on and off since 2003.
After travelling and working as a location independent entrepreneur for a few years, I realised how important it is to surround yourself with people who are on similar journeys.
Being in a place like Chiang Mai, or Medellin, or Lisbon, or wherever the location independent vibe is strong, throws you in to a melting point of entrepreneurial minds, and gives you perspectives and knowledge that you simply couldn’t get anywhere else.
My problem is that I want to explore, find new places, see new things, and while Chiang Mai (where I am writing this) is amazing – I don’t want to be here forever.
I looked at some existing solutions to see if they could help – but many of the packages or retreats out there seemed suited to teaching the basics, ran by people who haven’t ever run a business before, run purely for profits, were low quality offerings with shared rooms, or seemed to be all about partying.
I wanted something suited to quality entrepreneurs, something that wasn’t outrageously priced, something that didn’t require quarterly or year long commitment, and would allow members to get the best out of the areas they visited, while getting the best from themselves and each other. The solution is LiveWorkFit.
More about James
A few people have asked about my history, what I’ve achieved and what experience I have of running businesses and events. I started my first business when I was about 9 years old and have been working hard ever since, always turning my passions in to projects and businesses. Whats the point of doing something if you’re not going to be the best at it. My 20’s were spent running events around England, organising staff, promotions, logistics, performers, dealing with emergencies. So I know business, I know events. LiveWorkFit is a passion project for me, and I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t think I could not only pull it off but also make it amazing.
I’ve been coding virtually all my life, got an education in marketing and business, been through running my own startups and others, built drop shipping businesses in to big business, had side projects explode in popularity, and always tried to be the best at whatever I do. Nowadays, I run several ecommerce businesses, including a subscription business and Amazon FBA stuff, a SaaS startup, an affiliate site, and lots of side projects. I sat down and put together a list of stuff I’ve achieved and done – TLDR: I’ve done a lot.
- Started coding in 1986
- Launched my first website in 1996
- Ran a yearly awards ceremony for 2-4,000 people & collated 200K votes
- Wrote a weekly computer games review column for 4 years
- Started dropshipping in 2002
- Had multiple #1 ranking bestselling products on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
- Sold over $500,000 of product on Amazon.com in one day
- Ran a festival in Spain for 10,000 people
- Won multiple dance music awards
- Ran a market leading litho and digital print and design company
- Interviewed live on BBC Radio 1 and Kiss FM
- Interviewed by the BBC, LA Times, CES, DJ Magazine
- Ran a ringtones company when ringtones mattered
- Featured in a magazine article entitled “Pioneers of Email and SMS marketing” in 2001
- Ran one of Londons leading promotional companies for the dance music industry
- Head of Sales & Marketing for one of the UKs leading hardware startups
- Run a website community with over 25,000 members
- Won the EE 4G Hackathon 2013 with an app called “Periscope”
- Run an internet radio station running 24/7 with live DJs since 2004
- Ran a top #5 cocktail bar in London
- Went truly location independent in 2014
There is probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about, and this doesn’t include recent projects. I love learning and trying new things, and I think the above shows some of that. I love helping people too, which I why I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge at LiveWorkFit.
Sign up to the mailing list to be the first to know about updates from LiveWorkFit, or contact me.